Monday, March 14, 2011

Avocado – Baaaaad

Well, what was a hit one day failed miserably the next. Isla’s appetite for avocado and breastmilk just wasn’t what it once was. In fact, yesterday’s lunch was an all-out failure, with Isla clamping her mouth shut one moment and delighting  in spitting out the little food that made it in the next.

I hear this is the natural progression of feeding an infant, but I can’t help thinking that she refused my delectable offering because (1) the avocado wasn’t freshly cut and (2) the breastmilk not freshly pumped. As such, I will attempt to step up my culinary game for today’s lunch and see if my daughter will once again ingest something other than breastmilk.

There is hope. My naturopath, in a well-timed email, sent these words of encouragement last night:

As long as you are breastfeeding, she is getting liquid gold, so you REALLY have nothing to worry about. You can enjoy food introduction, knowing if some days Isla is not interested in eating, she has lots of great nutrient value in your milk (another reason to nurse as long as you desire).

Preparations for Attempt #3 begin...

No comments:

Post a Comment