Monday, March 7, 2011

Veggie Mommy, Veggie Baby

I am a lifelong vegetarian, married to a meat-eating man, raising a vegetarian child – though technically my daughter Isla’s vegetarian status has yet to be secured. At six-and-a-half months old, Isla is still exclusively breastfed. However, in a couple of weeks, that will all change...

I love food. Wholesome, organic, real food. I love thinking about it, making it and eating it. The prospect of introducing my two passions – my daughter and food – to each other is both an exciting and daunting one. My goal, as I’m sure is the case for most moms, is to ensure optimal health, nourishment and nutrition for Isla, through the foods she eats. An added bonus would be for her to develop an appreciation of the wonderful goodness of food, although my guess is that at this stage just getting the stuff into her will trump refining her palette.

This blog will document our exploration of food in all its many shapes and forms, starting with my daughter’s very first bite. I look forward to sharing with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment